Consider us your trusted tradie!
MCLP is committed to providing you with effective legal services with a strategic approach. We act for owners, builders and other licenced trades. With a comprehensive understanding of the regulatory environment and legal aspects of the building and construction industry, MCLP will work with you to understand your business needs, in order to provide you with timely and cost-effective legal advice.
The Building and Construction Industry
The building & construction industry is riddled with complex litigation and building contracts. If your building contracts are not well drafted and your building disputes not well managed, trading in the building and construction industry can become a high-risk business endeavour.
More than a law firm
MCLP are more than just lawyers. Consider us your building legal partners. We are a one stop shop for all your building and construction legal issues. Whether it is building contract advice or a building contract dispute, we are the Building law firm that can assist you.
Our services include:
Advising on the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act, in particular, we:
- draft Payment Claims and Payment Schedules;
- draft Building Adjudication Applications and Legal Submissions;
- attend to Building Adjudication Conferences;
- appeal Building Adjudication Determinations; and
- enforce Payment Claims and Building Adjudication Orders.
Advising on the Home Building Act and Domestic Building Contracts Act, in particular, we:
- regularly attend VCAT, NCAT and QCAT;
- file Applications to recover monies owed under a domestic/home building contract;
- defend against Applicants for alleged defective works or breach of statutory warranties;
- defend Building Rectification Orders;
- defend a Notice To Show Cause;
- defend against improper conduct disciplinary proceedings; and
- appeal decisions to the Administrative Decisions Tribunal.
If you are in the building industry and require legal assistance, feel free to contact us for a free consultation so we assist you in developing a legal strategy to save in the costs, time and effort of litigation.