Are you looking to start a franchise, or did you just purchase a lemon? We can help!
Franchising is not just one area of law. Legal proficiency in franchising requires knowledge in a broad range of laws including Australian Consumer Laws, the Franchise Code, Leasing, Licensing, Buying and Selling Businesses, Dispute Resolution and Litigation.
MurdockCheng Legal Practice understands that the day-to-day operations of a franchise can be a complex endeavour which includes various legal factors. For this reason, many of our clients are on our Corporate Retainers and consider us their “in-house counsel”. We provide daily representation, guidance and instructions, however, we do not charge our clients for answers which we can provide swiftly over the telephone and we do not charge our clients for discussing enquires. Our personal approach and our ability to be contacted at anytime and anywhere, provides our clients with the comfort of knowing that MCLP is more than a law firm, it is a long term legal partner which can be relied upon for daily matters which may arise in your franchise.
MCLP can help you create, expand and operate a franchise. Whether you are a franchisor or franchisee, we can assist you. Our services include:
- advising on the appropriate tax and corporate structure;
- drafting and negotiating master franchise agreements, disclosure statements, licensing and
- distribution agreements and commercial and retail leases;
- registering and protecting designs and trade marks;
- reviewing and advising on franchise systems, policies and procedure manuals;
- performing due diligence;
- legal compliance;
- attending mediations and arbitrations;
- issuing and/or defending legal proceedings for disputed matters.
If you are involved with a franchise or are looking to joining one, feel free to contact us for a free consultation.
- 1AprThe Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (“The Act”) in s708(8) states that an offer of shares does not need a disclosure statement if the investor is a sophisticated investor. The Corporations Regulations 2001 (“The Regs”), Reg...