MurdockCheng Legal Practice provides assistance to buyers, sellers, developers and property owners throughout Australia.

All matters are handled by legal practitioners and not conveyancers to ensure your property affairs are handled in accordance with the highest professional standards and expertise.


We offer various fixed priced conveyancing packages to suit your personal needs and can offer preferential rates for building, pest and asbestos reports through professional inspectors. Our lawyers are also familiar with the loan documentation and process to assist you in obtaining a fair and reasonable credit contract.

Strata Disputes / Repairs

Lot owners are often faced with lengthy disputes when building defects or water leakage become apparent within a strata lot. We are able to represent you in dealings against the owners corporation and/or building manager to ensure that your personal or investment property is promptly free of defects at the cost of those responsible.

Commercial Leasing

Efficient pre-contractual negotiations in leasing matters is vital to ensure that the terms of your lease are fair and reasonable and in accordance with industry and market benchmarks. Rent and other monetary obligations throughout the course of the lease term are commonly derived from the terms of the initial year hence, it is important to understand your rights and obligations of the lease for the entire leasing term. Obtaining good advice on and entering into negotiating of the terms of your lease are also vigilant safeguards of lengthy disputes in the future.

Development Approval and Planning

Development approval is required for most construction or renovation works on residential and commercial properties. This can be a lengthy process, especially due to council restrictions or neighbouring objections on your intended use, size, location or nature of your proposed development. We can assist you advising on your rights in relation to proposed developments and also in preparing and submitting a convincing application to the local council.